Terms & conditions
1. Client / Researcher / Professional
The natural person or legal entity, whether a person, institution, company or laboratory making use of human test subjects for clinical research or research that requires the use of people for performing scientific research, with whom or with which the agreement for provision of services of Link2Trials is entered into.
2. Volunteer / Human test subject
Person who registers with Link2Trials and, in doing so, indicates that he or she wishes to participate in drug trials.
Every mutual acceptance, confirmed in writing or by email, of performance of one or more services of Link2Trials.
4. In writing
Only the correspondence that is put down on paper, dated and signed; email does not fall within this definition.
2. Applicability and amendment
1. These General Terms and Conditions apply to the formation, the contents and the performance of all the agreements entered into between the client or the human test subject and Link2Trials.
2. General terms and conditions of the client, the human test subject or third parties only apply if it has been expressly agreed in writing that these will apply to the agreement between the parties to the exclusion of these General Terms and Conditions.
3. Link2Trials has the right to amend these General Terms and Conditions and to declare the amended General Terms and Conditions to be applicable to existing agreements. Insofar as the client or the human test subject does not wish to accept an amendment to the General Terms and Conditions, they can terminate the agreement on the date on which the amended General Terms and Conditions come into effect, provided that the client or the human test subject notifies Link2Trials of the termination, in writing sent by registered mail, as soon as possible, though no later than within 2 (two) weeks of the written notification of the amendment.
4. In the event that any stipulation of these General Terms and Conditions is void or voided, the other stipulations will remain in full force. The client or the human test subject and Link2Trials will consult in order to agree on a new stipulation to replace the void or voided stipulation. In doing so, the purpose and meaning of the void or voided stipulation will be taken into account as far as possible.
It is not possible for Link2Trials to check the accuracy, completeness and quality of any information that clients and human test subjects post on our websites. Therefore, Link2Trials can accept no liability and provide no guarantee whatsoever with regard to – without limitation – the matters listed in this Article 3 of these General Terms and Conditions.
Human test subjects
- The quality of the trials and the research institutions
- The financial settlement for the human test subjects’ participation in a trial
- The eventual selection of the volunteers by the researcher
- The completeness and accuracy of advertisements published for the trials
- The risks that the trials pose for the volunteers
- Any personal loss as a result of participation in a trial
- The eventual result and the value of the result acquired from the research (the trial) with human test subjects, whether communicated to the human test subject orally or made public by means of a written publication
- The completeness and accuracy of the information the human test subject provides to Link2Trials
- The eventual participation of the human test subject in the trial
- The quality and the number of volunteers that Link2Trials can place in a trial at any time
- The quality of the selection of human test subjects carried out by Link2Trials
- The number of selected human test subjects, and their suitability
- Human test subjects not participating in a trial voluntarily
- The researcher failing to provide the human test subject with any information, or providing insufficient or incorrect information on the trial
- The human test subjects failing to provide the researcher with any information, or providing insufficient or incorrect information
1. Link2Trials will under no circumstances be liable for loss of any kind caused by the use of or arising from the use of Link2Trials or the links posted on our website, nor is Link2Trials liable for loss of any kind suffered as a result of not being able to reach the website.
2. Link2Trials will under no circumstances be liable for loss of any kind suffered as a result of participation in the trials we mediate for, nor is Link2Trials liable for loss of any kind arising from the fact that a human test subject is not placed in a trial.
3. The abovementioned elements under item 1. through item 2. of article 4 fall under the sole responsibility of the client, the human test subject and/or any other involved third party. This condition is essential in our relationship with the persons who make use of our website.
4. Upon registration, a human test subject automatically agrees to receiving a newsletter with an invitation to participate in a trial, whether or not from external parties. This newsletter concerns trials in which a human test subject can participate. A human test subject can opt out of receiving newsletters in his/her account settings.
5. Upon registration, a human test subject automatically agrees to (where applicable) receiving text messages intended to send human test subjects reminders. This messaging service is free of charge for human test subjects.
6. Upon registration, a human test subject agrees to the submitted personal details being stored in the Link2Trials database.